The Procurement (Scotland) Act 2014 came into effect in April 2016 and one of the requirements of the Act is that RSLs which expect to have significant procurement expenditure (defined as £5 million) in the next financial year must prepare and publish a procurement strategy .
The Strategy sets out how we will direct our external spend on goods, services and works to meet statutory and good practice requirements, to achieve savings and to deliver wider local economic, environmental and social benefits for our community. It also sets out how our procurement activity will contribute to carrying out the Association’s functions, how it will deliver value for money and how it will contribute to meeting the general duties described in the Act.
Expected Regulated Procurements
The Association expects to make the following ‘Regulated Procurements’ over the next 2 Financial Years – 2019/20 and 2020/21. These will be procured through The Public Contracts Scotland website. If you wish to be advised and be able to tender for such works, you need to be registered on the site. https://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/
- Replacement Telephone system – value c.£27k
- Upgrading of computer hardware – value c. £55k*
- Appointment of Gas Service and Maintenance Contract – expected Q3 2019/20 – Value c. £700k
- Appointment of Periodic Electrical Testing Contract – expected Q4 2019/20 – c. £750k
- Appointment of Roof Inspection, Gutter Cleaning and Repair Contract – expected Q4 2019/20 – c. £350k
- Appointment of a Painter work Framework for Planned Internal Close Painting and External Works Contract – expected Q3 2019/20 – c. £1m
- Appointment of Gas Quality Control Consultant – Contract – expected Q4 2019/20 – c. £50k
- Review of Lift Maintenance Contracts
- Review of Water Management Contracts
- Review of Fire Detection Contracts
- Review of Bin Chute Contract
- Appointment of a Contractor for the demolition of the existing building and the provision of remedial structural steel tie beam works to the adjoining residential tenement building on the site at 159/161 Butterbiggins Road G42 7AS – expected Q1 2019/20 – Value c.150k GBP
- Appointment of a Contractor for the construction of 24 units of new social housing on the site at 159/161 Butterbiggins Road G42 7AS – expected Q4 2019/20 – Value c.3.5m GBP
- Appointment of Contractors to a 4 Year Framework Agreement for delivery of the Association’s Major Repairs & Planned Maintenance programme of works – expected Q3 2019/20 – Value TBC
- Appointment of Consultants to 4 Year Framework Agreements for professional services to deliver the Association’s Major Repairs & Planned Maintenance programme of works – expected Q3 2019/20 – Value TBC
- Review of ICT support contract – value c. £14k p.a.
- Appointment of Close Cleaning Contract – expected Q1 2020/21 – Value TBC