The Procurement (Scotland) Act 2014 came into effect in April 2016 and one of the requirements of the Act is that RSLs which expect to have significant procurement expenditure (defined as £5 million) in the next financial year must prepare and publish a procurement strategy .
The Strategy sets out how we will direct our external spend on goods, services and works to meet statutory and good practice requirements, to achieve savings and to deliver wider local economic, environmental and social benefits for our community. It also sets out how our procurement activity will contribute to carrying out the Association’s functions, how it will deliver value for money and how it will contribute to meeting the general duties described in the Act.
The Association undertook two EU regulated procurements during the reporting period
- Consultants framework for Major Repairs (4 lots – services)
- Contractors framework for Major Repairs (3 lots – works)
Expected Regulated Procurements
The Association expects to make the following ‘Regulated Procurements’ over the next 2 Financial Years – 2020/21 and 2021/22. These will be procured through The Public Contracts Scotland website. If you wish to be advised and be able to tender for such works, you need to be registered on the site. https://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/.
We have also noted below the higher value non regulated procurements we expect to undertake.
- Contractor Framework – Common Painter-work – Value c. £4M
- Appointment of Close Cleaning Contract – Value c. £300K
- Appointment of Gas Quality Control Consultancy Contract – Value c. £30K
- Appointment of Cyclical and Reactive Repairs Roofing Contract – Value c. £200K
- Appointment of Periodic Electrical Testing and Repair Contract – Value c. £200K
- Appointment of Asbestos sampling, analysis and onsite supervision Term Contract – Value c. £50K
- Appointment of Asbestos Removal Term Contract – Value £100K
- Review of Lift Maintenance Contracts
- Review of Water Management Contracts
- Review of Fire Detection Contracts
- Review of Bin Chute Contracts
Offices cleaning contract – value c. £100k