Home / Samaritan House Update / Financial Support During COVID-19

Financial Support During COVID-19

The Association understands that many people are facing financial insecurity as a result of the COVID-19 crisis. If you are worried about money as a result of loss of work please consult the links below for help and advice.

If you are worried about paying your rent please get in touch us as soon as you can. Our offices are closed, but if you wish to speak to someone about your rent please email with your contact details and a member of staff will get in touch with you. This email address is monitored throughout the day.

Advice for Employees

The  UK government information for employees can be found online here. It contains details about statutory sick pay (SSP) and the coronavirus job retention scheme.

Information about Claiming Benefits

If you are looking for information about financial support during the current health crisis, the DWP have  information about coronavirus and claiming benefits. The page will continue to be updated and can be found here. It also includes information about what to do for people who are already claiming social security support.

Coronavirus and claiming benefits

Support for Self Employed People 

If you are self employed, you may be able to claim a grant through the Coronavirus Self Employed income support scheme.

Glasgow City Council : Council Tax

Glasgow City Council are offering the option of deffering payments until June as a result of the current crisis. More information about this can be found on their Coronavirus pages which also outline other changes to council services.

Other Advice

Citizens Advice Scotland have a lot of useful advice on how to deal with financial worries brought about by the COVID-19 crisis. This includes advice on how to deal with energy companies, as well as other general advice.