The Association provides a range of property types and sizes. The table below shows the breakdown of our stock at 31 March 2018.
|Stock by type, apartment size and rent||House||High rise||Tenement||4-in-a-block||Other flat / maisonette||Total|
Our Properties: Type, Number and Location
The Association’s total housing stock at the end of February 2019 was 2,681 units.
- 60% of the housing stock is pre-1919 tenement flats, rehabilitated and improved by the Association over the last 40 years through the very successful (but now abandoned) Housing Action Area for Improvement programme.
- The purchase of tenement flats has resumed, with more than 246 flats purchased in the South West Govanhill Acquisition and Repair Programme area to December 2018.
- The Association has built 274 new houses since 1982 to meet housing needs and address housing mix imbalances. 219 of the new build units are flats and 55 units are 2-storey terraced houses with back and front gardens. We have a current new build project due to go on site in early 2020/21 which will provide a further 24 new flatted homes.
- The Association acquired 665 homes in Govanhill and Merrylee in 2010 through stock transfers.
- The housing stock provides a range of adapted, amenity and wheelchair housing and semi or fully-supported accommodation to meet the needs of particular client groups.