The Association has a strong track record in working in partnership with tenants and residents. Customer engagement is a continually developing area of work, and we are committed to promoting high-quality communication and strong engagement with our customers. The Association also employs staff fluent in Czech, Polish, Punjabi, Slovak, Romanian and Urdu, and is a member of the Happy to Translate scheme.
We use a range of engagement methods, including:
- Formal consultation exercises on the annual rent review and on major policy areas.
- Consulting with the network of registered tenant organisations in the area.
- Holding local focus groups, for example, our Factored Owners Group.
The Association’s tenant participation activities in 2016/17 will be carried out in accordance with the annual programme approved by the Housing Services Subcommittee. During 2016/17, these activities will include:
- A review of the Tenant Participation Strategy.
- A Tenants’ Conference in autumn 2016, which we intend will have four themes: rent policy; anti-social behaviour; repairs, and; tenant participation. These themes will also be covered in separate focus group meetings during the year. If you would like to be part of the focus group, please get in touch.
- Training and study events for the MERGE Welfare registered tenant organisation.
- Regular newsletter articles.
- An internal audit of our engagement services.
Learn more about our Tenant & resident participation strategy 2014 – 2016.