The Association has a strong track record in working in partnership with tenants and residents. Customer engagement is a continually developing area of work, and we are committed to promoting high-quality communication and strong engagement with our customers. The Association also employs staff fluent in Czech, Polish, Punjabi, Slovak, Romanian and Urdu, and is a member of the Happy to Translate scheme.
We use a range of engagement methods, including:
- Formal consultation exercises on the annual rent review and on major policy areas.
- Consulting with the network of registered tenant organisations in the area.
- Supporting local events and social activities
- One to one contacts to raise awareness of the opportunities available for participation
The Association’s tenant participation activities in 2018 will be carried out in accordance with the annual programme approved by the Housing Services Subcommittee. During 2018, these activities will include:
- A review of the tenant satisfaction survey results with a focus group of tenants.
- A Tenants’ Conference in early summer 2018, based on the results of the tenant satisfaction survey.
- Training for office bearers of tenant / resident associations.
- Regular newsletter articles.
- Community conversations with the Development Trust
- Monthly tenant drop ins – 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6pm
- Quarterly ‘Welcome’ sessions for new tenants
Learn more about our latest Tenant Participation Strategy 2017 – 2019.