PATH (Scotland) is offering a thirty-six month Positive Action Training Scheme, which has been specifically designed to redress the under-representation of black and minority ethnic communities in employment in Scottish Housing. PATH works in collaboration with Local Authority Housing Departments and Registered Social Landlords across Scotland to provide our housing training opportunities.
The Training involves:
• thirty-six months’ work experience
• specialist qualifications and professional membership
• training allowance of £14,414 per year, tied to the Scottish Living Wage (£9.90/hr)
At the end of the programme, trainees can compete for jobs in the Scottish Housing sector.
Applicants should be:
• from Black and Minority Ethnic Communities and committed to a housing career
• willing to undertake a demanding training and study programme over thirty-six months – 4 days’ work experience (between Monday and Friday) inclusive of 1 day’s attendance at college or university during the academic year.
Applicants should have:
• awareness of social housing issues and the duties of a registered social landlord
• good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and computer literacy
• confident communication skills, both written and verbal
• a flexible attitude and the ability to work in a team
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Thursday 7th July 2022 at 12.30pm
Interviews will be held on Monday 18th July 2022 at Govanhill Housing Association, Samaritan House, 79 Coplaw Street, Govanhill, Glasgow, G72 7JG
For further information and an application pack, please contact:
Application packs can also be downloaded from our website www.pathscotland.org.uk.