The Association does not insure your furniture, belongings and other personal items within your home against theft, fire, vandalism, burst pipes and other household risks. The Thistle Tenant Risks scheme can offer tenants and residents the chance to insure the contents of their homes in an easy and affordable way.
The Thistle Tenant Risks home contents insurance scheme is a special insurance scheme for social housing tenants living in Scotland. It is provided by Thistle Tenant Risks in conjunction with Allianz Insurance plc.
This insurance will cover most of your household goods and contents whilst in your home. The insurance also covers replacement of external locks if your keys are lost or stolen, and the contents of your freezer. There is also cover for personal liability and your decoration, which you may be responsible for under your tenancy agreement.
Key benefits of the Thistle Tenant Risks home contents insurance cheme
- Flexible regular premium payments, fortnightly or monthly by cash at any post office or pay zone outlet, monthly by direct debit, annually by cheque, postal order, debit or credit card.
- Quick and easy to apply for cover over the phone or by requesting a form or a call back using the contact page.
- No excess – you don’t have to pay the first part of the claim.
- There are no minimum property security requirements.
- All social housing tenants and residents are eligible to apply.
- Cover is provided on a new for old basis with no deduction for wear and tear – except in respect of linen and clothing.
- Cover is offered in bands of £1,000, starting from £4,000 for tenants living in sheltered housing, £6,000 for tenants aged 55 and over and from £9,000 for all other tenants. The maximum sum insured available is £35,000.
- Cover includes theft, fire, storm, water damage, flood and accidental damage to items such as hobs, sanitary ware such as toilets and washbasins, as well as fixed glass in furniture, doors and windows.
Contact Thistle Tenant Risks at:
Grove Park Industrial Estate
0345 450 7286