Govanhill Community Development Trust
Govanhill Community Development Trust (GCDT) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Govanhill Housing Association and was established to develop physical, social, economic and environmental regeneration initiatives additional to the mainstream housing development programmes in the Govanhill area on the south side of Glasgow.
Our mission is "to create opportunities for local people to improve and develop their own quality of life".
The Trust owns, leases and manages a portfolio of commercial offices and workspaces for small and medium sized enterprises and provides supported accommodation for homeless women. The Trust also provides a Factoring service to private residential and commercial proprietors. The Trust’s commercial activities support the development of community initiatives and projects which respond to identified local priorities.
The Trust is engaged in a range of activities including:
- Community Development, Empowerment and Capacity Building
- Projects and Programmes in learning, training, education, recycling & environment, youth work, employability, addictions, community engagement
- Working in partnership to deliver and create a range of opportunities that enable local people to improve and develop their own quality of life
The Trust has property assets worth £4 million:
- Govanhill Workspace (18 units, 10,500 sq. ft.)
- Victoria Court Workspace (9 units, 7,200 sq. ft)
- Forsyth House Offices (1 unit, 6,600 sq. ft.)
- Samaritan House Offices (3 units, 6,200 sq. ft.)
- 14 Polmadie Street (supported accommodation for homeless women - 15 units)
For further information contact Ken MacDougall, Development & Regeneration Manager
Tel 0141 636 3675